Representing businesses and individuals in breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and other business torts in a variety of contexts.
Some of the cases our attorneys have handled:
- Kaplan Stahler Agency v. Gumer (Los Angeles Superior Court 2012-13). In a three-week trial, successfully represented a boutique literary talent agency in breach of contract, wrongful constructive discharge and related claims.
- Los Angeles Times Communications LLC v. Orange County Register Communications, Inc. (Los Angeles Superior Court 2015). Successfully obtained $4.2 million writ of attachment against Orange County Register Communications, Inc. on behalf of Firm client Los Angeles Times Communications LLC, stemming from a contractual dispute between the two newspapers.
- Cussler v. Crusader Entertainment, LLC (Los Angeles Superior Court 2008). In a 15-week trial, secured victory for a production company against claims for breach of contract and fraud in connection with the motion picture Sahara.
- Reudy v. CBS Corporation, 356 Fed. App’x 2 (9th Cir. 2009). Affirming dismissal of a complaint alleging antitrust and business torts involving outdoor advertising.
- Seton v. LegalZoom.com, Inc. (Los Angeles Superior Court 2009). Successfully defended Internet-based company from claims for breach of contract and profit participation.
- Garite v. Gold Coast Broadcasting, LLC, 35 Med. L. Rptr. 1623 (Cal. Ct. App. 2005). Defended a radio station in an employment lawsuit.
- Colemont Brokerage Group Inc. v. Insurance Works, Inc. (Los Angeles Superior Court 2008). Successfully prosecuted quasi-contract claims, resulting in a judgment of just under $1 million for client.
- GE Franchise Finance Corp. v. James Kim (E.D. Cal. Bank. Ct. 2008). Represented creditor in bankruptcy proceeding, pursuing money lent and not repaid.