Representing Internet companies in Section 230, copyright, DMCA, trademark, idea submission, breach of contract and other related issues.
Some of the cases our attorneys have handled:
- Home Decor Center, Inc. v. Google Inc. (C.D. Cal. 2013, 9th Cir. 2014). Obtained summary judgment for Google against claims for trademark infringement and unfair competition under the Lanham Act relating to Google’s AdWords program.
- Booloon, Inc. v. Google Inc., 2012 WL 1898937 (Cal. Ct. App. May 25, 2012), 2013 WL 164512 (Cal. Ct. App. Jan. 16, 2013). Successfully defended Google from successive idea submission/trade secret lawsuits in trial and appellate courts.
- Seton v. LegalZoom.com, Inc. (Los Angeles Superior Court 2009). Successfully defended Internet-based legal document preparation company, LegalZoom, from claims for breach of contract and profit participation.
- Riggs v. MySpace, Inc. (C.D. Cal. and 9th Cir. 2009-12). Defeated idea submission allegations made against social media website, MySpace.
- AVT, Inc. v. Lane (C.D. Cal. 2010). Successfully defended RTST, Inc. (publisher of online news site, The Daily Beast) against defamation claims.
- Troyer v. TMZ.com (C.D. Cal. 2008). Successfully vacated prior restraint against entertainment news website in a case brought by actor Verne Troyer for copyright infringement, misappropriation of right of publicity, Lanham Act violations and invasion of privacy.
- Cammarata v. Bright Imperial Ltd., 2011 WL 227943 (Cal. Ct. App. Jan. 26, 2011). In trial and appellate courts, successfully defended several advertisers on “tube” websites with anti-SLAPP motions against claims of unfair competition.
- Eade v. InvestorsHub.com, Inc.(C.D. Cal. 2011-12). Won an anti-SLAPP motion and fee award in defense of a defamation claim against a company operating an Internet bulletin board.
- Metro Publishing Inc. v. SurfMet, Inc., 2002 WL 32074709 (July 3, 2002). Obtained preliminary injunction against publisher for confusingly similar trademark in metadata, domain name and on website.